- Antimicrobial and Antibacterial
- Rebels Insects And Cleanses Spiritual Impurities, Pathogens
- Improves air quality in your home, improve your health, or reduce your depression or anxiety Sage (Salvia) is used as a spice and also as a way to improve health in traditional medicine.
To begin, you will need something in which to burn the sage. This could be an incense tray or a bowl to catch the ashes as the sage burns. You could also purchase a sage burner. Fill it with earth or sand. Don't use a flammable container, and keep water on hand.
- Put the sage in the burning container and light it. Let it burn for several seconds and then blow it out so that it keeps smoking. If it stops emitting smoke, try lighting it again.
- If you are using the sage for spiritual purposes, set an intention for what you are doing. For example, you might say "Let this be the day that changes start to take place."
- Walk to each room you wish to purify and let the smoke enter it. Do not allow any space to fill with too much smoke. Avoid inhaling the smoke directly.